I arrived safe & sound in beautiful British Columbia!
We left Boston safely; Chris managed to get his driver's license back from the police station, and the car rental people didn't seem too bothered about the lack of a 4th door-handle and the sratches down the side of the car...thank God!
We are very grateful to our friend for having housed us and put up with us for the whole week!! We had a great holiday!! Thanks a lot Maggie!! :-)
Sorry I didn't post sooner but Saturday was a very long day, and then Sunday I was just trying to get settled in! I also wanted to take some photos to put up on here to show you how beautiful the area is, but I forget my camera when DilexitPrior gave me a tour of the area yesterday, and because of my sore throat I haven't taken a walk around myself yet.
(on a related note...thanks for all the kinds wishes from my last post written in my feverish state on Friday! I am feeling a gajillion times better than I was on Friday. Saturday travelling was a bit painful, but I got a blanket on the airplane, pulled my sweatshirt hood over my head, put on an eye-mask and tried to sleep!!)(..I must've looked totally weird though!)
(DilexitPrior brought me a blanket and pillow when she picked me up from the airport which was great for the drive home!)
(by the way 'Dilexit Prior' means "He loved us first") (..in case you didn't know!)
So yeh, you will just have to trust me that it is very pretty and idyllic in British Columbia! It looks just like a post-card!
Today I had my first full day at the hospital and it was very busy and interesting! I'm looking forward to the next few weeks! I think I'll be doing a mixture of things; surgery, ER, a bit of GP, some community health-care (public health) and anything else I can fit in!
Chris is having a great time 'working hard' at his conference in Hawaii.
Here are some pictures he sent me:
.jpg)

Unfortunatly, we had a bit of an issue with our battery charger for our good digital camera while in America....it basically stopped working so we were unable to recharge the battery.
We didn't want to buy a new one in America for like 40 dollars in case we couldn't use it in England, so Chris is having to use his mobile phone to take pictures in Hawaii, which is a bit of a shame
anyway, bed time now cos I have another early day tomorrow!
God bless!
-x-
ps- I have now updated the date and time on my blog to British Columbia time (which is 8 hours behind GMT)
-----------------

1 comment:
Have a great time..but look at our Martyrs Walk!
God bless
Post a Comment