Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Wedding Roses

So we have finally finally ordered our wedding flowers!

We have decided that the only flowers in the Church and in my bouquet will be roses and these are the two sorts we have chosen;

These Avalanche roses for everywhere in the Church.
Our flower arranger (my Aunt) decided that because the decor of the Church is dark wood, simply having white roses and fresh-green greenery will stand out and make a visual impact.

(my Aunt is very much a less-(but-tasteful)-is-more sorta person.
I have seen other flower arrangements she's done (including for her son's wedding) and she is really really good! Well, being Italian she has pretty good taste! and people actually hire her out to do the flowers for their weddings so I'm really blessed!!)

So we went for these roses because they have a very big head.







These Dolce Vita Roses for my bouquet. I didn't want overwhelming colour, just a tinge of something to match the bridesmaid dresses and when I saw these...I fell in love!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Roses!! I love roses. Also Mary's favorite flower.

Beautiful. :-)

Jennifer B said...

They are so pretty. I can't wait to see picture's of the big day.