Tuesday, July 04, 2006

4th July

So today is the 4th July! We obviously don't celebrate it in England, and actually it's weird that I even remembered about it today!

Happy 4th July though to you Americans!

One year ago today I had just arrived in Georgia, USA for a month as a staff member at SUMMER CAMP, and today I am trying to chose table names for the wedding meal! How life changes!
( I thought it would be cute to think of names for the tables instead of numbering them 1 - 9. Problem is I can't think of a creative theme for table-names other than 'flowers'....ideas would be much appreciated!!).

6 comments:

Brendan Allen said...

Nine?

So I'm thinking; if I was getting married, what would I name the tables after?

Simple.

Name them after Lester Piggott's nine Epsom Derby winners:

Never Say Die (1954);
Crepello (1957);
St Paddy (1960);
Sir Ivor (1968);
Nijinsky (1970);
Roberto (1972);
Empery (1976);
The Minstrel (1977);
Teenoso (1983).

Why can't everything else in life be so simple??

Saint Peter's helpers said...

Happy 4th of July! Thanks for remembering, please continue to pray for us.

Some ideas on table names:

Popes
Choir of angels
Countries
Football Club

Unknown said...

I think frbreviary has a great idea!
"you are sitting on St.Joseph's table" would sound awesome!

Matthew said...

I'm amazed by the amount of non-American bloggers that I know. I was going to wish you a happy 4th of July when I visited your blog, but since you're from England it wouldn't be more meaningful than wishing you a happy 3rd of July.

Anyway have a good day.

Margaret said...

Nine best AMERICAN STATES! Yeahhhhhhhhhh! (Ok, not so much.)

Too bad everything in Catholicism is a 3, a 7, or a 12.
Maybe faith, hope, love ... prudence, temperance, fortitude, justice ... grace ... and, you know. Something else.

Oh wait! Nine choirs of angels! Nine choirs of angels! I can hear it now ... "I'm sitting at the seraphim table, but I'll come join you at the dominion table."
We don't even have to joke about what an amazing idea this is.

Margaret said...

PS One year ago this day, you became my favourite PP ever. So much so that I even spelled favourite YOUR way.

Oh how I miss and adore my crazy lovely Brit PP English Muffin and our way-too-late wakeups that I somehow blamed on jetlag for a whole month even though I was in my home time zone!