Monday, January 30, 2006

6 month count-down

well, 6 months today.....dum-dum-dee-dum!!

....I'll be Chris' WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, that is a bit of scary thought...but also quite exciting!

So, now starts the 6 month count-down to THE.BIG.DAY!

In a typically girlie fashion, I've decided to consolidate what we've got done so far ( + ) and what we still have to do ( - ) regarding the wedding.


*Church*




















+ Church is booked
(This is Chris' parish Church where he was baptised, recieved his first communion, confirmation, where his family goes, and where his grand-dad was Deacon, so it's pretty special for him. It also has two side altars; one to St. Joseph & one to Mary! AND there is a statue at the back of the Chrurch of St. Anthony.....which is extra special given that Chris' proposed to me in St. Anthony's Basillica!)


*Priest*

+ Chris' Uncle (who is also his god-father) will be presiding over the wedding mass!
+ He lives pretty far away from us, so my Parish Priest here (awesome awesome guy!) will be holding our marriage instruction classes.
- We haven't had any classes yet.


*The Mass*

- we haven't chosen any readings yet
- we haven't done the mass booklets
(+ although one of my friends who got married last year has given me the computer file of his mass booklet so I will use that as a template & personalise it!)


*Musician*

+ We have an organist (Thank God!)
- We haven't chosen the music & songs yet


*Official Stuff*

- We haven't notified the State yet (but I have no idea how one goes about doing this so I will just wait for my Parish Priest to tell me).


*THE DRESS*

+++ done! (thanks to St. Joseph's intercession!)
- need to get it fitted properly, but that wont happen till March/April
- need shoes
+ have veil


*Bridesmaids*

+ Three of them; my brother's fiance & Chris' 2 younger sisters
- None of them have dresses yet


*The men*

- Chris' suit is on Chris' TO DO list!
+ Best man: Chris' brother
+ Two other ushers; Chris' best friend (also called Chris) & my brother (also called Chris!)
- My daddy needs a suit


*Flowers*

+ My Aunt's domain


*Hairdresser*

My other Aunt (who lost her husband last November) was going to do my hair, but she probably won't be able to come anymore due to a mix-up with the holiday-dates of my Grandmother's nurse (who lives with my Aunt & helps her look after my grandmother).
Sooo...

- need to think about my hair & get my mum to practice some hair-styles!


* Cake *

+ Cake booked
- Need to decide on exact design & flavour (...I'm looking forward to that afternoon of cake sampling)


*The wedding car*

+ Chris' just booked this; a Rolls Royce!! Ooooooh! how fancy!


*Photographer*

+ Done (thank God!)


*Invites*

+ They have gone out
- Today was the dead-line for replying and only about 50% of people have replied, so I will need to start chasing people up in a few days!


*Reception Venue*

+ booked


*The Honey-moon*

+ destination: ROMA!
- no accomodation organised yet (...any advice?!)
- haven't got tickets for the Papal audience yet (but according to my Priest friend at the English College in Rome, you can't get the tickets for July yet.)


*Wedding Rings*

+ we've had a look around
- haven't bought any


* Gifts for guests*

+ we know what we're going to give
- not done yet


*Accommodation for Italian guests*

+/- flat booked, deposit not yet paid



Hm, that's about all I can think of for now. There are still lots of other little things like deciding on the type of flowers, seating plans, guest book (& probably about a million other things I havent even considered yet!) but I'm sure they will all fall in place!

I don't want to wedding day to over-shadow the importance of our actual MARRIAGE, so I thank God the wedding plans haven't been too stressful so far!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The Church is so beautiful! The plans seem to be going well so far, you have got quite a lot done, so congrats on that!
I think the flat is a great idea for the guests who have to travel, you are giving me some good tips here! I have nothing organised yet, apart from the fact that I chose my dress and Jonathan has worked out some things about the mass/wedding like music, readings etc.
I love the look of rolls royce for weddings, wow!
I also think Rome will be a wonderful honeymoon destination, if you can take your dress and have it blessed by the Pope it would be good too, although I know it may take up the whole suitcase lol.
Thanks for sharing that, I get excited over weddings whooo hooo!
ciao x

Margaret said...

Ah, the Chris-Chris-Chris thing is hysterical! I'm considering buying a ticket to LHR *just* to hear all the jokes about that! (And of course to be introduced as "Antonia's American friend.") (Then again, I might be back at camp ...? Keep it in prayer ...?)

I'm so glad y'all chose la Citta Eternale per la vostra luna di miele! (Your fluency in Italian certainly cannot hurt this decision.) We will have to talk soon about best places to stay, eat gelato, etc.

Miss you PP! Much love e ciao bella!

Fidei Defensor said...

Congratulations, I am glad the plans are all falling into place.

Picking the music is espcailly nice, around some Churches bad hippie music is such a norm that only when people request certain pieces for weddings is anything good heard!

Anyway every good Catholic loves the song "Immaculate Mary," consider that one!

Chris said...

I will get something to wear, eventually...

Saint Peter's helpers said...

Antonia, this is a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing all the planning. Oh how exciting that you are going to Rome for your honeymoon. Perhaps, you and Chris may be able to sit in a special section but you have to bring your marriage certificate (see here. God bless you as you prepare for a great Sacrament!

Brendan Allen said...

Antonia - remember:

Marriage is not just a word; it's a sentence!