I got this morality tale from this site, and thought it was kinda neat...
A Morality Tale
I am friends with a married couple - Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
I like Mr. Smith a lot. We've been friends for as long as I can remember, we always hung out together, drank together, played cards together. But when Mrs. Smith came along, I found I didn't much like her.
Now, I would like to spend time with Mr. Smith, but I don't want to spend time with Mrs. Smith.
She annoys me.
I have three choices on how to deal with the situation so I don't have to interact with Mrs. Smith yet can have as much fun with Mr. Smith as I want.
Choice 1:
I can wait until Mrs. Smith leaves the house, then go over and visit with Mr. until such time as she returns, when I will bid a fond farewell until next time.
Choice 2:
I can go over to the Smith house to visit, but slip a mickey into Mrs. Smith's drink so that she falls asleep shortly after I arrive. That way, Mr. Smith and I can have a marvelous time until she wakes up, when again, I will bid adieu.
Choice 3:
I can kill Mrs. Smith. Then I don't have to deal with her ever.
Questions:
From a moral perspective, does it matter which I choose?
If Mrs. Smith was your wife, would you have a preference in how I handled her?
Moral
Mr. and Mrs. Smith are the twin gifts of pleasure and fecundity, respectively.
Choice 1: NFP. I just wait until fecundity leaves.
Choice 2: Temporary chemical and physical barriers. I drug or bind up fecundity so it can't interfere with me.
Choice 3: Permanent sterilization.
Now do you see the difference?
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey Antonia,
Great message behind that tale. Ohh I wish more people could get it.
x
Maybe he should realize that there's a reason that Mr. likes Mrs. & get to know her better. Maybe she's not so bad after all ...
Moral: Babies.
Great story, I enjoy your blog. Whereever did you get the cafeteria is closed sign! Love that.
Great blog, glad to know we have people like you in Europe still. The CoE is going fast and England is well on it's way to becoming a Muslim nation, unless of course the Catholic Church returns in force!
Post a Comment