I have been tagged by 'The Queen of Winterr' (hehe! couldnt resist!) to post some of my favourite quotes.
I am actually a huge fan of quotes, especially the oh-so-simple-yet-mind-bogglingly-profound types. Inspiring quotes always pop into my head when I'm perplexed about something and contemplating what decision to take. Like little shining stars to light the way...for some reason though I cant seem to remember too many of them right now, so I will just quote some of the ones I can remember:
In no particular order...
" There are no coincidences with Providence"
- JP the great
"To God, everything is simple -- God's love for us is greater than all the conflicts, which will pass. "
- Mother Theresa
"Do not be afraid"
-Jesus
(but more recently repeatedly echoed by JP2)
- "I say to you, dear young people: Do not be afraid of Christ! He takes nothing away, and he gives you everything. When we give ourselves to him, we receive a hundredfold in return. Yes, open, open wide the doors to Christ – and you will find true life."
- Pope Benedict, MASS FOR THE INAUGURATIONOF THE PONTIFICATE OF POPE BENEDICT XVI, April 2005
oh, I have so many more! It's 10:30pm though & so my brain isn't totally functioning so I will update as I remember!
I managed to get out of the confines of the hospital today and spent some 10 hours at the GP's (General Practitioners...sort of like a Family Physician in the US). We go for a full day once every 2 weeks and I had a pretty good day today!
I tried to convince one of the doctors that she should teach NFP to her patients (she seriously looked at me like I was a crazy person,). She didn't look like she believed me when I told her about the 99% method effectiveness rate at pregnancy prevention so I told her I will get back to her with a list of supporting medical studies.
The doctors also took me & the other 3 students out to lunch at an Indian restaurant! Woohoo! A free lunch is always a big bonus when you're a student! (although I am kind of a cheating student because I live at home this year so I get plenty of yummy food...but still....I gave my mum a break from cooking!)
anyway....
BED-TIME!
g'nite -x-
Friday, December 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Those are some great quotes! I love the "do not be afraid" too, there is another one that comes to mind which is "be still and know I am God" I love that when i'm afraid.
Teaching NFP would be great. I am looking for someone in my area just in case I need to ask some things, which I do!!
Be well xxxx
Oh and I almost forgot, I love "the queen of Winterr" me got a big head now :)
Post a Comment