I get a bit hyper-excitable at Christmas...!On Christmas Day we watched the Pope's Urbi et Orbi Christmas message live on Vatican tv, and got his special blessing too!
We then went to mass at noon and afterwards our Priest friend came over for a scrumptious Christmas feast (compliments to the Chef....aka: my mum!)
The afternoon was spent digesting and my brother and I watched Toy Story2 on tv. We then decided it would be fun to watch old home videos of Christmas' in Saudi when we were children and so started rooting around for them. While doing so we came across some audio tapes that I didn't even know we had on a Protestant vs. Catholic debate on the perpetual Virginity of Mary. So my brother & I spent the evening listening to that! It was really really interesting!
We just got back from Mass and I have decided to spend my St. Stephen's Day clearning my room which has turned into a bit of a tip since my holiday strated on Friday.
I am also confined to the house for the rest of the day today because I am 'on call' for the organ transplant rota at the hospital.
Basically, medical students have to cover 24hr shifts and if an organ (e.g. a kidney, liver, heart etc) become unexpectedly avaliable, they get called up and have to get to the hospital within 30mins to assist with emergency organ transplant surgery (I am on call today and on December 30th too).
It's almost lunch time now, which means...LEFT-OVER TURKEY! YEY!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS!


3 comments:
:) I'm glad to hear you had a great xmas. Nice photo too!!! You're so cute!!!
That on call thing is tough! It must be interesting to be a medical student!
xx
Jess
what a beautiful Christmas you had! Mass starts here at 10pm also for some reason.
What a lovely picture of you! I really like that one, it's cute how you test your own!! ;)
I wish we had vatican tv, but we dont :(
Anyway enjoy the turkey, we got left overs too yummy!
Oh and I forgot to thank you for the gorgeous pic of the Angel :D
Post a Comment