Monday, May 15, 2006

Chris is back!

Chris is back from Chile full of stories about llamas and smog (apparently you cant see more than 5 miles in any direction in Santiago cos of the smog) and about all the free food he got etc! He also came bearing presents for all!

These are some neat things he brought back:

He brought me a traditional Chilean poncho! It is so warm and soft! here is a picture of Chris wearing it in his hotel room in Chile (he sent it to me a few days ago before he came back so I could see it!)



Mini statues of the Virgin Mary & baby Jesus, and Jesus crucified, all hand carved out of a MATCH-STICK!!! I think it's pretty impressive! (you can see the end of the matchstick if you look carefully at the base of the carving!)

I found it quite hard to take a picture of them cos they were so small (and are in a little glass contained which reflected the camera flash!)

Mary & baby Jesus











Crucified Christ




I have yet to see evidence that there was any work involved in this two week 'conference trip'. The most convincing picture he had was of him at the big end-of-conference meal!

:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it's so hard to believe that those are made of matchsticks! THat's fantastic. They are absolutely gorgeous!
I also like the poncho, very very nice! I'm glad you had someone model it =)

MJJ Insider said...

That is SO COOL!!!! hahahaha gosh, he really got a lot of work done, didn't he?? Good going!

That poncho would be great to curl up in during winter :P